This past weekend, as many of my loyal readers know, I took a flight back to the east coast to celebrate a belated Christmas with most of my family. Everyone in my immediate family was there, with the exception of older brother Eric, and I got to hang out with my niece Brooke and nephew Connor as well (my "nieblings", as Tracy has termed them). It was a very quick trip -- I flew Thursday overnight, arriving in Boston on Friday. After spending some quick meals with friends there, Devin and I drove back to CT in the afternoon, and I spent much of the evening gorging on Rossini's pizza and wrapping presents. Saturday was like a normal Christmas day in the Silberfein household, and early Sunday afternoon, I was back on a plane headed west.
Sunday's travels took about 10 hours, primarily because of a long delay in Minneapolis. Originally scheduled for a 3.5 hour layover, I was able to squeeze on to an earlier flight which figured to save me 2 hours. However, due to the snowy conditions and the ineptitude of the Northwest crew, we ended up taking off a mere 5 minutes before my original flight was scheduled to depart. Boy was that worth it! By the time I got home, it was 10pm PST and I was ready for bed, making it the first New Year's in memory I didn't make it to midnight.
Monday was a much-needed recovery day, and I spent a good deal of it in a surprisingly enjoyable trip to the outlet mall. Since I waited till the afternoon to go, I managed to avoid most of the major crowds, but still got the benefit of outlet prices with post-holiday sales. What a combination! This is my answer to "Black Friday", I think.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment