Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We broke a stripper ring!

While out sailing last night on the Sound, we noticed a broken piece of plastic caught up in one of the lines. I realized that it broke off the winch, but I didn't know what exactly the part was called. After coming back and doing some research, it turned out the the stripper ring on the winch was broken. How's that for some sailing lingo? It's not nearly as dirty as it sounds...

In other news, I believe Thursday will be the last day I have Sadie in my custody. I'll be dropping her off at doggy day care place, where she'll stay until she finds a "forever" home. I have mixed feelings, but feel that this is the right decision for both of us. She does seem to enjoy life in my house, but I just can't meet all of her needs, and in the end, she lets me know about it. I will miss her.

No comments: