Tonight, I brought Sadie down to a place called "Wags 2 Whiskers", which is a doggy day care and boarding place downtown. There she will be staying until she finds a new foster family or forever family. It was depressing. She was all excited to be going in the car, so innocent. When I got there and saw where she would be living, I couldn't help but think of how much better she had it in my house. I won't be the least bit surprised if I get a call in the next few days/weeks saying she is not a good fit for there.
So what I've decided is this: she will not be going back to the shelter (which has been having to put down three dogs per day recently). If she has any problems at W2W, she can come live with me again on a foster basis, during which time I will definitely put her in formal training to help solve her aggression problem. If she succeeds, I'll give strong consideration to adopting her. Despite my loss of patience with her this weekend, I honestly believe that I'm capable of having a dog, especially one that has already been house-trained and gone to obedience classes.
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment