The last four weeks have been a wild ride, and I've got lots of catching up to do in this space. When I last wrote, I had just been let go from my job, and was beginning a four-week stretch of not working, touring San Diego with my family, getting married, and going to Peru on my honeymoon. I will start with what I did prior to leaving San Diego...
My mom arrived in town on her birthday, a day ahead of my sister and her family. To celebrate, she and I drove up to the OC to visit Devin and go out for a nice dinner over the water in Long Beach. The next morning, my sister's family arrived and the madness began. With three jet-lagged kids under the age of 7, there was never a dull moment. Fortunately, their vacation rental wasn't too far from my apartment, which allowed for some flexibility.
The big highlight of the week was Legoland. My nephew is a huge Lego fan, and there had been an incredible build up for our visit. Even Uncle Devin and his friend Aly were coming down from Huntington Beach. We aimed for Monday, hoping to avoid any additional weekend crowds, but suffice it to say the park was still quite crowded. We waited in line 45 minutes for our first ride. The park itself was probably pretty neat for a kid. Personally, I enjoyed the elaborate Lego structures situated throughout the park, including replicas of several U.S. cities. After a tiring day at the park, we came back to my apartment for a BBQ with Tracy.
The other major highlight of the week was going to the zoo, which we did on Wednesday. As always, it didn't disappoint, and I actually sat down for a few of the shows this time, which were a nice treat.
On Thursday, we all decided to switch our flights to fly out a few hours earlier to Seattle, which seemed to help a lot since there was a lot of coordination that needed to happen once we got there. Fortunately, all the out of town Silberfeins arrived about the same time, and I was able to direct them to where they needed to go for the big weekend.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment