The other day, Tracy sent me this interesting rant against websites that have white backgrounds (yes, that means you, Google). By this point -- thanks to my Kill-A-Watt -- I've become very skeptical of anyone who makes outrageous claims about energy usage.
Some cross-referencing brought me to this article, put out by the government, which conveniently forgets to mention that the rules are different between CRT monitors (the big fat ones) and LCD monitors.
Fortunately for me, I'm not the only one with a Kill-A-Watt. Someone else did a much more thorough analysis than I ever would, and essentially comes to the conclusion that the best course of action is to replace all CRT monitors with LCD monitors. Well, he doesn't exactly say that; he still makes misleading large-scale calculations based on the incorrect assumption that every monitor in this country is a CRT. But basically, if you're really interested in saving energy, replace your CRT monitor or TV with an LCD.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment