Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas '07

Christmas 2007 marked the first Christmas for me in a warm climate, and I must admit it felt a little weird to be wearing shorts and a t-shirt on December 25. Inside our apartment, though, it looked as festive as ever, with a nicely decorated tree and a bunch of presents under it, along with stockings hung by the chimney with care.

Tracy's family took a long road trip down here from Seattle and spent most of the day with us. Unfortunately, Tracy was on call at the hospital overnight on Christmas Eve, and didn't get back until noon on Christmas Day with only a couple of hours of sleep from the night before. Even so, she powered through the day and made a very tasty ham for Christmas dinner. Much to my surprise, we ended up having twelve people total for dinner, as several of her friends from residency came by after their shifts. I've never seen so many people in our small apartment! After dinner, we ended the evening with a traditional showing of "Elf", followed by an early bedtime for most everyone. What a day!

Since Tracy and I were Secret Santa for my brother Devin, we waited for him to get back from his Christmas trip to Houston to celebrate with him this past Friday night. Three of us spent the evening opening up some of the remaining presents from my mom, and as well as presents for each other. It was a Christmas unlike any other for me, but it also happened to be one of my most relaxing Christmases in recent memory. Having Tracy around to help wrap gifts, and not having as much shipping to do as usual (as well as no travel) certainly freed up a lot more time.

Here are some pictures from this week. I'm hoping to add some more from other people's cameras as I receive them.


No comments: