This weekend was a pretty action-packed weekend. My friend, Shauna, was in town from Seattle for a conference, so I got to spend some time with her. I also went to the San Diego County Fair with Tracy, went wakeboarding with some people from work, and spent a sunny afternoon on the beach in Coronado.
The highlight was certainly the fair. It turns out that the featured act on the big stage was none other than REO Speedwagon! Yeah, I was pretty excited, since I can name about three of their songs from the 80's. Prior to the concert, we attended the pig races (which Tracy's been talking about for weeks), won a "free" trip to Catalina Island (if we attend the Hilton timesharing presentation next weekend), watched a very funny hypnotist, and I tried deep-fried Oreos and a deep-fried Twinkie for the first time in my life (the Oreos were much better). As for the concert? It was pretty much what you'd expect -- a large crowd of people who look like they'd been big fans "back in the day". I got fired up when they started playing "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore".
On Sunday morning, I woke up bright and early to go to El Capitan Reservoir to go wakeboarding with six other people. I had tried wakeboarding once before on Lake Washington in Seattle, but was unable to stand up after about 7 or 8 tries. My boss was confident that I would be able to do better this time, and he was correct. I stood up after about 3 times, and on subsequent times, got going for at least 8 or 10 seconds before wiping out. Let's just say I'm certainly not a natural!
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment