Friday, June 08, 2007

A new home...again

My avid readers have been clamoring for a new post, and I didn't want to disappoint them any longer. Actually, that's a complete lie. I don't even know who reads this blog (Is anyone out there? Anyone???)

Last week, the venerable Dr. Tylee and I moved into yet another dwelling, this one an apartment in a more urban neighborhood. Our housesitting venture in the 'burbs complete, we got the keys to our new place over Memorial Day weekend and gradually moved in, spending our first night here last weekend. So far, so good, but there's still so much left to unpack, and of course, so much shopping left to do.

Our new home is a 2-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom townhome in the University Heights neighborhood. It has two floors, and a big two-car-garage. I don't think I've ever seen such a high proportion of floorspace on a property devoted to a garage (it must be 1/3 of the total area). But it's nice. No shortage of storage space! The kitchen is very gourmet -- easily the nicest kitchen I've ever had. There's a little breakfast bar, dining area, and living room downstairs (as well as a small patio), and upstairs are two bedrooms and a full bath. I hope to show pictures once the place is cleaned up and we have all our furniture.

My commute is now a little bit shorter (10.5 miles from 16), and Tracy's is shorter on average (she works at two hospitals). I biked in this morning for the first time, and the hill at the end, a 15% grade for about 1/3 of a mile) is even more of a killer than it was at the last house. Otherwise it's pretty flat.

We've been spending so much of our free time shopping and moving stuff, as well as unpacking, that I've hardly had time to do anything normal. Hopefully that will all change soon, since I've been waiting to have a place that feels like home ever since I left Seattle. I do miss the dogs dearly, though. Not sure we'll get one in this place, but I might break down...

2 comments:

Lou said...

I read it ... wondering if you'd been going to the Mariners games.

Lou (the other Dr. Tylee)

nycmom99 said...

I read it.... where are the new home pics?

Elizabeth (the original Dr. Liz)