Sunday, April 13, 2008

I need a dog

This weekend, Tracy and I were out of a bar and a guy had his dog there -- a very cute dog of a breed that looked very familiar to me but I couldn't place it. Turns out it was a Vizsla. Anyone who knows me knows that I love dogs, and I've been saying for a while that we could get a dog as soon as we get back from our honeymoon and stop traveling so darned much. Vizslas seem to be everything I'm looking for in a dog (aside from an easy spelling!): active, intelligent, short-haired, big-but-not-too-big, friendly, and downright adorable. I even went so far as to find a Vizsla breeder near us, and coincidentally, they are expecting their next litter in late summer of this year. What are the chances? If either of my readers has any first-hand experience with this breed, I'd love to hear a story or two...

5 comments:

devin said...

I don't. Maybe your other reader does. Cari?

Lou said...

Hey don't forget me!! Would this dog be one or two bites for Toby?

Lou

Lou said...

I retract my previous comment now that I've looked at the picture. He and Toby and Clara would probably be good friends. I was thinking smaller.

Lou

Anonymous said...

We have a friend that has a Vizsla. They use her for hunting. They do need a lot of exercise which could easily be done by bike or jogging. My friend also says they're chewers when bored.

Terri (Lou's sister)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I had the distinction of being adam's "other reader" This is what I do when I'm procrastinating report writing.