This morning, Tracy and I decided to take Toutou for a hike up in the mountains. After an unusually rainy January (particularly on weekends), I wanted to take advantage of a gourgeous weekend to spend some time on the trail, because I do miss it quite dearly and the hikable months are drawing to a close very soon.
We set out for Mount Laguna, about an hour away and, at about 6000 feet, one of the highest points in the county. After a freak cold rainstorm on Thursday, we were not surprised to find some residual snow up there, although after sunny and mild days on Friday and Saturday, it was very patchy and certainly not a hinderance.
Our hike was a relatively flat 7-mile jaunt through the pine forests and open meadows of Cleveland National Forest, and it was quite lovely. Temperatures were warm but not hot, and although it got wet and muddy after a while, it was refreshing to breathe the clean mountain air. As an added bonus, there were several geocaches along the trail, and we went 3-for-3 on the ones we went after, despite the occasionally deep snow. I was also hoping to use the opportunity to get on better terms with Toutou, but unfortunately, made no strides in that department. Here are some pictures from our day (click the slideshow to see bigger images and captions):
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment