Today is my birthday. Regardless of how far I travel from family and friends, it seems that each year, an increasing number of people recognize my special, and most of that has to do with the magic of the internet and other modern forms of communication. With personalized birthday reminders, there's never really a good reason to forget anyone's birthday anymore. Additionally, between email, instant messaging, and text messages, the need to actually talk to someone on their birthday is very much reduced. While it is certainly prefer to get that phone call, realistically, I won't have time to talk to everyone, and so these other forms of communication are an easy way to say that someone was thinking of me. After all, I was in about 8 hours straight of meetings today, so anyone who did try to call likely got my voicemail. And with that whole timezone thing, it's mighty difficult to call most people back.
So, for everyone who wished me a happy birthday today through whatever means, thank you very much -- it really means a lot to me. Unfortunately, Tracy is in the midst of working a complete opposite schedule as me, so I haven't seen her for a few days. My bosses picked up the slack, though, and following those long meetings today, they took me out to a very nice restaurant in Pacific Beach for tapas and drinks, along with a few of our clients. It was a happy birthday indeed.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy belated birthday!!
Post a Comment