Monday, November 05, 2007

A weekend of extremes

This weekend, Tracy and I decided to road trip it up to the Eastern Sierra and Death Valley, a grand 800-mile whirlwind tour of Eastern California. During the course of our drive, we got very close to Mt. Whitney (the tallest mountain the Lower 48), and spent some time at Badwater Basin (the lowest point in the western hemisphere). We also found some time to play on the huge sand dunes in the park, see lots and lots of salt, and camp out under the most starry sky I've ever seen. It was an ideal time of year to visit this area, as it wasn't too hot and certainly wasn't too cold either, with sunshine throughout the entire trip. I've got a hankering to go back to Mt. Whitney and maybe even attempt a summit trip if I could find a willing partner. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures.


1 comment:

nycmom99 said...

You have some nice shots Adam!
Seeing all the desert makes me thirsty.