Sunday, July 22, 2007

Recent happenings in my life

San Diego has been a transition for me in many ways, but one of things I'm realizing is that I don't often have that much exciting stuff to write about in this blog. Since I've pretty much cut out overnight sailing or backpacking trips, my adventures are somewhat less...well...adventurous. Regardless, as my bike's odometer passed the 1000-mile mark (since last fall, I think), I figured I'd update my readers on the other random happenings in my life -- bullet point-style:

- Tracy and I finally got around to getting a television, mainly so we could watch movies on something other than our laptops. It's a 26" Vizio LCD screen, and it's pretty neat. Now we just need a DVD player. Neither of us have had a TV since February, and Tracy hasn't had one since she moved down here over a year ago, so this is all very exciting...

- Tracy's sister, Kate, and her boyfriend, Ben, are down visiting/vacationing. They've been here since Wednesday and are staying till Tuesday morning. It's always nice having out of town guests, since it means we get to be tourists again. Among other things, we went to a Padres game, a few parties, kind of went to see a band play, and this afternoon, we went sailing under the Coronado Bridge -- all very exciting. Tomorrow is back to work/reality day, which brings me to...

- I'm bringing my car into the Mitsubishi dealership tomorrow to have a strange paint problem repaired, one in which the black paint on the roof and hood are fading to almost white. Even though my car is over six years old with 52,000 miles on it (read: not under warranty), apparently this paint problem is so pervasive on these models that they're fixing it on their dime. I didn't know such service existed in our world anymore, but it's very good news for me. I was debating whether I should fix it myself and hope that it didn't come back, or wait till I sell the car and let someone else do it. This makes the decision easy, but it means no car for a week.

- Upcoming news: deep-sea fishing trip on Thursday, and then a weekend trip to Seattle. Stay tuned!

No comments: