February was an extremely busy travel month. After Houston, Honduras, and San Diego, I then came back to Seattle for a few days to pack up my house and then drive with my mom down to San Diego. I arrived here yesterday afternoon, after a pretty chaotic week and a half.
My mom arrived Wednesday afternoon, and unfortunately, I wasn't nearly as packed up as I had planned to be. My cold/fever prevented me from doing much strenuous work, and so I nibbled at the little things while occasionally packing up a big box. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate from living in the same place for almost four years! I guess that's one of the benefits of moving so frequently.
Anyway, Mom was quite helpful in making some order out of the chaos that was my house. We spent some time Wednesday night packing, and most of Thursday, taking breaks to go visit the new Olympic Sculpture Park (a work in progress) and meet up with Tracy's dad and brother for dinner. Our goal was to leave town on Friday morning, and with a car filled to the brim, we took off around 10:30am.
Our route to San Diego took us through Portland (where we stopped at Powell's and met up with some old friends), and then to the University of Oregon (where we had breakfast with Tracy's sister), and then lots more miles down I-5, with stops at anything remotely interesting along the side of the road. We spent a morning exploring Sacramento before veering east to go toward Yosemite National Park by way of Gold Rush towns. After spending a cold and snowy day in Yosemite, we continued south through Fresno, Bakersfield, LA, and finally San Diego. The theme of the trip was rain -- it started around Portland and didn't really stop until nearly Los Angeles, and continued once we got to San Diego. I left Seattle for this?! ;-)
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment