Monday, October 30, 2006
Colors
Ok, so I think I actually need some feedback on this one. I'm at the point in my basement remodel where I'm painting walls. Anybody who has ever seen the colors of paint I pick out knows that my tastes are...well...strange. After painting two walls, I asked my roommate to take a look and let's just say he wasn't a fan of the colors. So, I've posted some pictures of the walls, and I'd like to know what my avid readers think. Too dark? Too dated? Just right? Bear in mind, these pictures were taken after dark in a basement with a flash, so they might seem just a little more washed out than they really are. Click on the image to enlarge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love giving color advice. But first - what are you using the room for, and are you going to change the flooring?
Right now, the color feels a little cool (and maybe pea-soupy yellow) for the basement - warming it up to a mustardy tone might be a little cozier (?) while still keeping it neutral. -michelle
I don't know what it would be used for, but I just want it to look more finished. It could be used as a home theater, or for storage, or a ping pong table (since I'm moving out, it's not up to me!). Flooring-wise, I'm planning on putting some light-colored (pine?) laminate hardwood stuff down over what you see in the pictures.
I like mustard! That's actually the color of my bedroom.
Thanks!
Post a Comment