Friday, December 09, 2005

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas


Today, I finally got my act together and purchased my first Christmas tree (yes, this is a big deal). Needless to say, there is no way I would ever get an artificial tree, especially when the there are at least three places to get a tree within a 5-block radius of my house. So, I enlisted Chong to accompany me to what normally is a farmer's market to pick out a beautiful-smelling grand fir. Actually, "grand" isn't really the proper adjective, since it's more a dwarf of a tree (probably only about 6 feet). I was hoping to leave some space in my living room for Goldie to run through, so I erred on the small side.

After a run over to Fred Meyer for a Christmas tree stand, some lights, and ornaments, I came home to decorate my new purchase. Though it certainly has its bare spots, I think it came out looking just fine!

No comments: